Family Fun at Riverside
901 E. Giles Rd, Muskegon
The Green Team, from Reeths-Puffer High, is hosting a morning of free, fun activities & games for children & adults of all ages. Bring your kids, grandkids, neighbor’s kids and come on over to Riverside Park! There is also a playground and a nature trail to explore. When you’re done, wander across the street to the elementary school for Earth Fair. Don’t worry, Fatty Lumpkins will have lunch to purchase at the Fair, so you don’t need to take a break.
Muskegon Earth Fair
Come out to see a working community garden, test ride a bike, pretend to drive a bus, plant a vegetable to take home, play games and tons more! Learn from dozens of businesses & organizations about local resources, services and products that benefit our health. Several schools will educate about what they are doing in their buildings. The winner of the “Redistribute, Reuse & Read” book drive will also be announced. The games & activities are all free!
RT: SWBA to create a research paper that explains the impact of deposition on the Earth.
SS: SWBA to explain how population pyramids can be used to understand populations.
- Finish Lesson 3.4
- SIN Entry
- Group Activity
- Debate Work
- Debates are scheduled for Monday 4/28! Please be prepared.
SCI: SWBA to define terms for ecosystems.
- Vocab Quiz #1 Reteach
- SIN QUIZ #2
- Ecosystems Vocabulary WS Part 2: Due Wednesday 4/30
RT: SWBA to create a research paper that explains how deposition impacts our earth.
- Peer Editing
- Paper Corrections
SS: SWBA to develop debate arguments to perform a class debate.
- Debate Work
- Debate is scheduled for Monday 4/28. Please be ready to perform!!!!
Sci: SWBA to explain how energy moves between tropic levels of an ecosystem.
- Finish SIN Entry: Food Pit
- Terrarium Observation
- Video Clips: Clip #1, Clip #2, Clip #3
- Ecosystem Trophic Levels WS- Due Wednesday 4/23
*Please bring in your outdoor education permission slip, our trip is May 7th.
RT: SWBA to create arguments for their debate.
SS: SWBA to explain how population pyramids can predict population trends.
- Lesson 3.4
- Group Work
- Debate is scheduled for Monday, April 28th. This is a large project grade. Please be prepared as it will impact overall grades.
SCI: SWBA to explain how energy moves throughout an ecosystem.
- Bill Nye Ecosystem video
- Video WS & Process Activity
- SIN Entry: The Food Pit
RT: SWBA to create a piece of writing that reflects the rubric standards.
SS: SWBA to identify arguments for their debate.
- Final Unit 3 Vocabulary Test
- Debate Arguments
SCI: SWBA to understand how ecosystem are connected through energy.
- Terrarium Observation & Data Collection
- Game Preparation
- Video & Video Notes
RT: SWBA to practice the skill of peer editing.
SS: SWBA to identify debate arguments.
- Debate Preparation
- Earthquake Research Paper due tomorrow for those who have not turned it in.
- Final Unit 3 Vocab Assessment tomorrow. Please study using the blog.
SCI: SWBA to define vocabulary terms for Ecosystem Unit.
*Please bring in your outdoor education permission slip asap.
RT: SWBA to understand the attributes of peer editing.
- Peer Edit Mini Lesson
- Peer Edit Presentation
SS: SWBA to understand the effective attributes of debating.
- Debate Instructions & Review
- Debate Argumentation Research
- Finish Research Paper Support: Due Thursday
- Final Unit 3 Vocabulary Test this Thursday.
SCI: SWBA to how an ecosystem responds to changes.
- Interactive Lesson 2.4-Bottle Biology
- Build Terrariums
- SIN Questions
- Ecosystem vocabulary quiz and worksheet due tomorrow.
*All missing remediation work is due today for an earned grade for the third marking period.
*Please get in your outdoor education permission slips to Camp Pendalouan ASAP!
RT: SWBA to explain how deposition changes the Earth’s surface.
- Research Paper Rough Draft
- Google Document
SS: SWBA to understand attributes of effective peer writing.
- Peer Editing Mini Lesson
- Research Paper Peer Edit in Google Docs
- Reteach: Research Paper Construction & Set Up
- Final Unit 3 Vocab Test on Wed. 4/17. Please study using your hard copies or blog.
SCI: SWBA to define vocab terms for Unit 2 Ecosystem.
- Vocabulary Charades
- Vocabulary Chart
- Vocab WS due on Wed 4/16 as a qualifier for the vocab quiz.
* Have a safe and restful Spring Break!
*All remediation/incomplete work for 3rd mp is due Monday, April 14th.
RT: SWBA to create a rough draft that explains how deposition impacts our world.
SS: SWBA to predict future population problems using a population pyramid.
- Vocabulary Quiz #3.4
- Lesson 3.4
- SIN Entry 3.4
SCI: SWBA to define key vocabulary words for Unit 3.
- Vocabulary Term Grouping Activity
- Vocabulary Chardes