Need some new tools to help with the new developmental stage of your child? Join a fun group of parents to share ideas and laughs.
When: Tuesdays, March 3, 10, 17, & 24.
Time: 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Where: Reeths-Puffer Intermediate
Information: Kelley Peel, firstname.lastname@example.org 744-9280 x2165.
Cost: Free to anyone connected to an R-P learner $50/non-R-P family – Can be paid at the first session. Daycare $3/child. No need to RSVP. All are welcome.
Question #4: Why does age & gender of a population matter?
Directions: Gather evidence supporting alternative perspectives on a public policy issue.
Data Collection: Use the provided sources of information to find data to support argument for and against the “One Child Policy” in China.
Resources For Take A Stand “One Child Policy”:
- Please watch the following video clip: http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000209480
- Please read the following article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography/population/managing_population_rev3.shtml
In order to continue to push for healthy reforms, our committee needs data from parents, students, and staff. Would you mind taking two minutes from your busy day and complete this 12 question survey? We would be most grateful, as the data will give us opportunity to share the preferences of our community, pertaining to our lunch menu.
Thank you for your efforts and support of these timely initiatives, We could not move forward without your support!
RP Wellness Committee
Please use the following websites to assist in your research:
SS: SWBA to compare and contrast developed and developing nations.
- Fruit Loop Simulation Game: Please ask your students what they experienced today!
- Simulation Data Review: Identifying the major ideas from the game data.
- Simulation Process Questions & Group Reflection
- Final Essential Vocabulary Quiz Unit 3
SS: SWBA to define terms for Unit 2.
- I can define words for Unit 2 terminology.
- Unit 2.2 Vocab Assessment
- Workshop: Work on missing work and outstanding project. Many students got in most of the work and finished up their projects.
SCI:SWBA to explain how energy transfers from potential to kinetic.
- I can create a toy to demonstrate energy transfer.
- Student Toy Presentations
SS: SWBA to compare and contrast developing & developed nations.
- I can explain how resources vary between nations.
- I can explain the significance of the United Nations.
- Fruit Loop Resource Simulation
- Group Process Questions
- Video Clip: United Nations
- Article: United Nations
- Unit 3 Final Vocab Quiz Tomorrow! Please study using blog or hardcopy.
SCI: SWBA to compare and contrast the states of matter.
- I can compare matter in its different states.
- States Of Matter Booklet: Writing and Artistry due tomorrow!
SS: SWBA to define vocabulary terms for unit 2.2.
- I can draw images for unit 2.2 vocab terms.
- Vocab WS 2.2~ Due Today
- Practice Vocab Quiz 2.2~ Quiz tomorrow, please study using your blog or hardcopy.
- Finish Physical Feature Infographic
SS: SWBA to compare and contrast developed and developing countries.
- I can explain how poverty impacts culture in nations around the world.
- Article & Partner Swap
- SIN Process Questions
- Video: 4 Men & $1 a day in Haiti
- Partner Turn & Talk
- Mapping Activity: Developing & Developed Countries Around The World
- Upcoming: Unit 3 Essential Vocab Quiz on Thursday, please study using a blog or a hardcopy.
SCI: SWBA to identify the characteristics of matter.
- I can create a flipbook for matter.
- Flipbook Creation
SS: SWBA to identify human and physical regions.
- I can identify human and physical regions from pictures.
- Human & Physical Region Assessment
- Vocab WS 2.2~ Vocab Quiz 2.2 this Thursday. Please study using blog or hardcopy.
SCI: SWBA to identify characteristics of matter.
- I can decide if Oobleck is a liquid or a solid.
- Story: Bartholomew and The Oobleck & Matter Evidence Activity
- Matter Flipbook
Please use the data on the paper survey and enter into the Google Form: Google Online Survey
SS: SWBA to compare and contrast a developing and developed country.
- I can identify characteristics of developed and developing countries.
- SIN Entry pages 55-56
- Population By Region Group Activity
- Image Comparisons
- Read assigned article, t-chart, and partner share
- Upcoming: Essential Vocab Assessment Unit 3 this Thursday 2/26. Please study using blog or hardcopy.
Sci: SWBA to identify the states of matter.
- I can identify how matter changes states.
- Cut & Paste Sin Activity
- Flipbook Creation: Writing & Coloring. Please See Example!
SS: SWBA to identify the personality characteristics of people who overcome obstacles.
- Book: Unbroken & Literacy Activity
- Upcoming: Vocab Quiz 2.2 this Thursday! Please study using hardcopy or blog!
SCI: SWBA to identify the states of matter.
- I can identify the movement and spacing of the states of matter.
- Formative Assessment: States of Matter
- Highlighting Activity: States Of Matter Activity
- States Of Matter Sort Project
*All classes can earn 50 extra credit points for attending college night on Thursday 2/19! Please see Mrs. Niklasch upon arrival!
SS: SWBA to use reasoning to make a claim and defend it using higher level thinking skills.
- I can use a CDV, prior knowledge, and data to support my position.
- Extended Response Reteaching Loop
- Unit #3 Assessment Question #1
- Unit #3 Assessment Question #4: Extended Response Writing “One Child Policy”
- Upcoming: Vocab Quiz 3.4 tomorrow. Please study using the blog or your hardcopy.
SS: SWBA to identify and explain the physical features of the world.
- I can become an expert on one physical feature of the Earth
- Infographic Creation: Assigned Physical Feature
Sci: SWBA to demonstrate an energy transfer.
- I can create a toy that demonstrates energy transfer.
- Toy Presentations