In partnership with the Muskegon YMCA, RPI will be offering free cooking lessons to 100 Mile participants and their families. This Wednesday, October 1st, the cooking instructor from the YMCA will be here to give a brief demonstration of the class from 3:45-4:45. If you are interested in attending, please plan to pick up your child up on the patio at 4:50.
Cooking classes are for 100 Mile students and their families. They are FREE and include a FREE bag of groceries after each lesson. There is also a free shopping trip to Meijer where students are given $10 to spend and prepare the meal. To sign up, students must attend 4 of the 6 sessions and pre-register. There are only 17 openings per class and will be determined based upon first come, first serve basis.
Cooking classes will be offered in four, 6 week sessions at RPIS in room 134 ( Mrs. Niklasch’s Classroom). Classes will be held during the following day and times:
- Session #1: Tuesdays 5:15-6:45 10/28-12/2
- Session #2: Wednesdays 4:00-6:00 12/17-2/4
- Session #3: Wednesdays 4:00-6:00 2/11-3/18
- Session #4: Wednesdays 4:00-6:00 3/25-5/6
To Register: Please sign up at this link
SS: SWBA to compare and contrast their lives with Holocaust Survivors.
- Self Reflection
Science: SWBA to explain how competition impacts an ecosystem.
- Competition Process Question WS
- SIN Questions
- Formative Assessment: Competition
RT: SWBA to build a country.
- I can create a constitution
- I can create a currency for my country.
SS: SWBA to take a position on a public policy issue and support with a CDV, data, and prior knowledge.
- Extended Response Instruction
- Graphs Interpretation
- SIN Entry page 19-20
- 5 Themes Group Project: Due Today (qualifier for tomorrow’s assessment)
- 5 Themes Assessment & Human/Physical Assessment tomorrow. Please study using resources in binder!
- Vocab Quiz 1.4:Quiz on Thursday, please study using blog or hardcopy.
SCI: SWBA to take a position on a scientific problem.
- Snowshoe-Hare Project: Day One
- Upcoming: SIN Check this Monday 10/27
- Science Assessment: Tuesday 10/28
- Short Answer Response (Decomposers & Scavengers) due Thursday 10/23
Science: SWBA to understand the impact of competition on an ecosystem.
- I can explain how the grey wolf and bears impact an ecosystem.
- SIN Questions 22-23
- Competition Article
- Competition Video Clip
- Group Process Questions: Competition Handout
SS: SWBA to demonstrate their knowledge of vocab list 1.1.
RT: SWBA to compare and contrast government systems.
- I can compare and contrast democracies with dictatorships.
- I can create my own country’s constitution.
- Writing: Comparison
- Personal Constitution
SS: SWBA to take a position on a public policy issue.
- I can support my position with a CDV, Prior Knowledge, and Data.
- Reteaching Loop 5 Themes: Assessment on Wednesday 10/22. Please study using your pretest and binder resources.
- Extended Response: Do you support mandates to make school lunch healthier?
- SIN Entry pages 18 & 19
- Article and video clip
- 5 Theme Group Google Project: Due tomorrow!!! Qualifier to take Wednesday assessment!
Science: SWBA to understand the connections between animals within an ecosystem.
- I can explain the importance of decomposers.
- Video Clip
- SIN Entry page 20-21
Social Studies: SWBA to define terms for unit 1.1 quiz.
- Ican define vocab words for quiz 1.1.
- Holocaust Lesson: Overcoming Obstacles
- Complete vocab ws 1.1: Qualifier for assessment on Monday 10/20.
- Practice vocab quiz 1.1: Study online or using your hardcopy for Monday 10/20.
RT: SWBA to identify positive behavior at RPIS.
Science: NO science today.
Social Studies: SWBA to give examples and explain the Five Themes of Geography.
- I can identify the Five Themes of Geography outside at RPIS.
- I can identify the Five Themes of Geography from a movie clip.
- 5 Themes Gallery Walk Activity
- Group Activity: Locating the 5 Themes In A Video
- Group Reflection
- 5 Theme Outdoor Scavenger Hunt: Students used their devices to locate examples of the Five Themes and take pictures. Students are to upload these images into Google Presentation and create a short presentation identifying the Five Themes from their photos. This presentation is due on Tuesday, October 20th. There has been no class time given for the presentation creation. This has been done on purpose, as students need to learn how to communication outside of the classroom using their email, Google Comment, and Google Chat.
- Upcoming: Five Themes Assessment this Wednesday 10/21. To be qualified students must turn in their group 5 Themes photo project.
LG: SWBA to compare and contrast government systems.
- I can identify government systems from skits.
- Group Huddle Questions
- Video Clip: Freedom in China
Sci: SWBA to take a stand pertaining to a science topic.
- I can determine if decomposers or scavengers are most important in a food chain.
- Finish Charades
- Ecosystem Vocabulary Quiz
- Review Formative Assessment: Competition
- Take A Stand Decomposers or Scavengers: SIN Entry
SS: SWBA to identify the Five Themes of Geography from images.
- I can identify multiple themes from images.
- Google Classroom: VQ #1.3, WWS #1.4 due 10/24
- Graffiti Carousel: Five Theme Group Pictures Gallery Walk
SS: SWBA to identify the major physical features of the world.
- I can identify the 7 continents, 4 oceans, lines of latitude & longitude
- Vocab WS 1.1 6-10
- Vocab Posters
- Sticky Note Identification Activity
- World Map Cut Out Activity
- World Map Assessment Tomorrow 10/16 Online Practice: Online Study Game
RT: SWBA to compare and contrast government systems.
- I can perform a skit demonstrating life in my political system.
- Skit Creation
- Skit Performance
- Team Huddle: Identification of Skits
SS: SWBA to real world examples of the Five Themes.
- I can sort Five Theme examples into groups.
- Social Scientist Assessment
- Group Carousel Activity: Five Themes Global Examples
- 5 Themes : Cut & Paste Categorizing Activity
- Vocab Quiz 1.3 tomorrow. Please study using blog or hardcopy. Vocab WS 1.3 due tomorrow.
SCI: SWBA to define terms relating to ecosystems.
- I can prepare for the vocabulary quiz tomorrow.
- SIN Vocabulary Check 1-19
- Vocabulary Analogies
- Process Questions
- Ecosystem Vocabulary Quiz Tomorrow: Please study with your resources in your binder.