Mission: To improve the health and wellness of the Reeths-Puffer Community which includes students, staff, and community members.
Goal: To involve 100% of Reeths-Puffer students in an out of school activity.
Strategy: To earn 100 miles of walking and/or running in one school year.
Who: Any RPIS, RPMS, RPHS students, staff members, or community members.
When: Every Monday and Wednesday 3:00-3:30 pm
Cost: At 25 miles, a $10.00 fee includes official sign up in the program, a t-shirt, and prizes at the 50, 75, 100 mile markers. Students that qualify for free and reduced lunch enter the program for free!
What if I am involved in other activities at different times of the year?: The purpose of the club is to keep students fit throughout the year, including the off -season. Students that successfully complete a Reeths-Puffer sport season will earn 25 miles. Students may earn up to 75 miles from other sports. Any RP club sport will earn 10 miles.
* Please see the 100 Mile link at the right for more information and documents. Please watch the video below to learn more!
RT: SWBA to enjoy the General Music performance.
SS: SWBA to understand Apartheid and the impact of Nelson Mandela on the world.
- Apartheid Smart Presentation
- Apartheid Notes
Sci: SWBA to summarize the difference between describing and summarizing motion.
- Group Summaries Activity- due Monday
- RAFT final draft due now!
RT: SWBA to identify fraction names.
- Fraction Circles
- Fraction Group Activity
SS: SWBA to use Google Apps or create a DBQ Writing.
- VQ #2.4
- Email Set & Practice
- DBQ Document Analysis
- Africa Packet & Writing, including peer critique due tomorrow!
SCI: SWBA to assess quality writing.
- Peer critique of RAFT Rock Cycle
- Chapter 1.1 Group Summary Activity
- Vocabulary Flip Books due tomorrow.
- Revised Final Draft RAFT due tomorrow.
RT: SWBA to demonstrate their reading ability.
SS: SWBA to use a DBQ format to response to a historical question. 1st Core Only: SWBA to regionalize the Earth.
- 2nd & 3rd Core: DBQ Document Analysis
- 1st Core: Regional PowerPoint & Notes, Group Activity
- All Cores: Vocab Quiz 2.4 tomorrow, please study using blog or hardcopy.
- 1St Core Only: DBQ rough draft due tomorrow
- All Core: Africa Packet & Writing due Friday 12/6.
Science: SWBA to define vocabulary words for Motion, Forces, & Energy.
- Chapter 1 Vocabulary Flip Book- Due Friday 12/6
- RAFT Writing Assessment (Rock Cycle) due tomorrow. Please have rough draft completed.
RT: SWBA to demonstrate their reading ability.
SS: SWBA to participate in a peer critique.
- Africa Packet & Writing due Friday!
- Peer Critique
- DBQ Packet: Rough draft due Thursday!!
- Vocab Quiz 2.4 on Thursday. Please study using blog or hardcopy.
Sci: SWBA to define words for Motion, Force, & Energy.
RT: SWBA to demonstrate their reading comprehension level.
- Daze Testing
- Fractions Activity
SS: SWBA to identify how physical features are connected to each other.
- Group Projects & Presentation
- Africa Writing Critique
- Vocab WS 2.4 due Thursday. Quiz on Thursday, study using blog or hardcopy.
SCI: SWBA to explain the role of a rock in the rock cycle.
- Rock Cycle Posters
- RAFT Writing Activity: Rock Cycle, Rough draft due on Thursday
Please consider signing up for the “Spruce with Dr. Suess” fun run this weekend. Please see information below to sign up:
- Earn an additional 5 miles by participating in the “Run The Spruce With Doctor Spruce” on December 7th @ 10 am starting at RPIS Cafe!
- Dress to make Dr. Seuss proud that day!
- 2 Mile and 1 Mile Course Options- Both options are $10.00
- Santa and Mrs. Claus to follow with cocoa and treats!
- Register Here
*All missing work for 1st mp incompletes due on Tuesday 11/25!
RT: SWBA to demonstrate when to use a comma in their writing.
- Smart Presentation
- Group Activity
- Worksheet Review
SS: SWBA to define vocabulary words for Unit 2.4.
Sci: SWBA to explain the rock cycle.
- Visual Poster
- Interactive Website
- Group Activity: Rock Cycle Posters
- Vocab Quiz 2.3 on Monday. Please study using your hard copy or the blog.
- All missing work due to incompletes due on Tuesday !!!!
RT: SWBA to identify examples of positive behavior at RPIS.
SS: SWBA to understand and identify how physical features are connected.
- Project Group Work
- Mapping Activity
Sci: SWBA to identify the process of the rock cycle.
Rocket Time: SWBA to idetnify when to use commas in given examples.
SS: SWBA to reflect upon the global issue of education in Africa.
Science: SWBA to identify the proccess of the rock cycle.
- Vocab Quiz 2.3 has been rescheduled for Monday 11/26 due to internet issues!
RT: SWBA to identify how and when to use commas.
- Comma Video Clip
- Comma Smartboard Lesson
SS: SWBA to identify how the physical features are connected to one another.
- SIN Entry: List of Physical Features
- 3.4 PowerPoint: Physical Features & Notes
- Physical Feature Group Project
Sci: SWBA to identify the steps of the scientific method.
- Finish Erosion Assessment
- Review Scientific Method
- Scientific Method Video Clip
- Rock Cycle Diagrams
- Video Clip: Rock Cycle and Write About Activity